- american civil liberites union
- the bureau of investigative journalism uk
- The National Academies Press
- The Edge
- Glen Greenwald@Salon
- Red Team Journal
- Ron Paul
- National Journal
- Robert. H. Jackson website
- The MuslimGuy.Com
- Mike Marqusee.com
- Article: Pentagon Looks to Breed Immortal ‘Synthetic Organisms,’ Molecular Kill-Switch Included By Katie Drummond February 5, 2010 in Wired
- The Bush 'torture memos' (pdf)
- The Pessimism Index by Mark J Penn in Time magazine 30 June 2011.
- Defence Advanced ResearchProject Agency (DARPA)
- The Pentagon Labyrinth: 10 Short Essays to Help You Through It - Straus Military Reform Project at the Center for Defense Information USA.
- Open culture free films + docos
- Open culture ideas podcasts
- Rethink Afghanistan (documentary)
- Karen Armstrong's TED Prize lecture 2008
- Prisoners as human subjects: a closer look at the Institute of Medicine's recommendations to loosen current restrictions on using prisoners in scientific research by Osagie K. Obasogie in Genetics and Society 11/9/10 4
- Article: 'A False Sense of Security' - Even as artists embrace environmental practices, they ignore or remain uninformed about the toxic materials in their own studios (by Suzanne Muchnic in Art News Magazine).
violence against LGBT people
- Ipsnews (Inter Press Service)
- The American Muslim
- Report:UN report says CIA drone strikes in Pakistan 'illegal' June 2010A hard-hitting United Nations report says a covert CIA programme to assasinate al-Qaida and Taliban militants in Pakistan using drone aircraft is "illegal" and should be halted. The report, written by the UN's Special Rapporteur on Extrajudicial Executions Philip Alston can bedownloaded in PDF
- Small Wars Journal
- Report: The use of the internet by islamic extremists (Bruce Hoffman, Rand Corporation, 2006) Testimony presented to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence,on May 4, 2006
- Report: One in three killed by drones in pakistan
- INTERVIEW: Radiozine -Challenging Robotic Warfare and Social Control with Peter Lumsdaine, 04/19/2010. download MP3
- STATISTICS: icasualties.org (MILITARY) iraq body count (CIVILIAN)
- REPORT: australian human rghts act + anu bill of rights aust
- POLICIES: centre for research on globalisation + global policy
- Wikileaks: afghan war diary, 2004-2010 - Regardless of where you stand, can't ignore this elephant in the room.
- Kings of War
- The International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC)
- Art of the Possible-Cambridge University Politics Journal
- Just War Theory
- Patriots' Questions
- MN Political Roundtable
- After September 11: Our State of Exception | October 13, 2011 | by Mark Danner in New York Review of Books
- Mark Levine
- Mysterious Universe
- The Maddow Box
- deoxy.org news feeds
- wrongside of the Art
This guy was interesting when he was alive, his name is John O'Neil. Visit the CBS documentary here.
Terms + Concepts
Definition:,"(French: “songs of heroic deeds”) any of the Old French epic poems forming the core of the Charlemagne legends. More than 80 chansons, most of them thousands of lines long, have survived in manuscripts dating from the 12th to the 15th century. They deal chiefly with events of the 8th and 9th centuries during the reigns of Charlemagne and his successors.(Encyclopædia Britannica). Carl has worked with leading chansons de geste translator Michael Newth who has authored several scholarly translations to integrate this theme in his paintings. Newth is currently working on a new version of the Roland. Carl is interviewed about chansons de geste's influence in his recent paintings in the current issue of US literary journalLady Jane's Miscellany.
Definition (Oxford Dictionary). Noun (plural Weltanschauungen /-(ə)n/) - a particular philosophy or view of life ; the world view of an individual or group. Origins German from "welt" (world) and Anschauung (perception).
The Society of the Spectacle (La Société du spectacle) is a work of philosophy and critical theory by Guy Debord. It was first published in 1967 in France.
Here is an audio exploration of this work from Audio Anarchy
Some Documents Online